Students use their laptop and a modern web browser (Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, FireFox, etc.). Phones and tablets lack the screen real estate necessary to display questions with images and long textual narratives; so, best to avoid them when using the online testing system.
Students can access the application from a tile on your learn.med/VMed dashboard or directly by URL – https://learn.med.virginia.edu/OnlineTesting/
You will avoid many problems when taking an exam if you
- Reboot your computer before you start
- Keep open applications to a minimum (just your web browser, the fewer open browser tabs the better)
- Make sure you have a reliable internet connection
- Have your phone charged and/or DUO backup codes ready for two factor authentication when you login to start the exam
- Make sure Geolocation is ON (allowed) for your web browser, you cannot take certain exams without it.
- Do NOT wait until 12:58pm on Sunday to login & open an exam with a schedule that closes at 1:00pm. Stuff happens!
Resources for students
Student User Guide for the Online Testing System
How to enable geolocations in most browsers
Need Help? Having a problem with an exam?
Contact Med Ed Technology via email at email@example.com. We monitor this email address hourly between 9am and 5pm on weekends when exams are scheduled. We will respond via email unless you tell us differently (leave a phone number?). If taking the exam after 5pm, be patient as it could be 9am the next morning before you hear back from the Med Ed Tech team.