Students use their laptop and a modern web browser (Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, FireFox, etc.). The screens on phones and tablets lack the screen real estate necessary.
UME students can access the application from learn.med/VMed and by URL – https://learn.med.virginia.edu/OnlineTesting/
Tech Tips to avoid problems when taking an exam
- Reboot your computer before you start
- Keep open applications to a minimum (preferably just your web browser)
- Make sure you have a reliable internet connection
- Have your phone charged and/or DUO backup codes ready when you login to start the exam
- Do NOT wait until 12:59pm on Sunday to login & open an exam with a schedule that closes at 1:00pm. Stuff happens!
Resources for students
Need Help OR Having a problem with an exam?
Contact Med Ed Technology via email at email@example.com. We monitor this email address hourly between 9am and 5pm on weekends when exams are scheduled. We will respond via email unless you tell us differently (leave a phone number?). If taking the exam after 5pm, be patient as it could be 9am the next morning before you hear back from the Med Ed Tech team.