Student Programs & Activities
Our department has a tradition of excellence in medical education, and we offer medical students many exciting programs. Our principle mission is to help students learn how to be caring, competent physicians, through involvement in all levels of the curriculum.
Goals of our Medical Student Programs
- Promote understanding of family practice among medical students.
- Encourage medical student interest in family practice.
- Provide an encouraging and supportive environment for students.
- Help students develop a patient-centered approach to medical care, combining a compassionate and caring patient relationship with excellence in medical science.
- Promote Information Mastery, a student and physician friendly form of Evidence-based Medicine.
Our faculty and residents are committed to providing a variety of educational experiences and other activities to help meet these goals.