Clinical Trials Navigation & Outreach
The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) Clinical Trials Navigator (CTN) offers services to all oncology groups looking for assistance with:
- Creation of patient accrual programs for all clinical research at UVA
- Identification of barriers to participation in clinical trials
- Creation of strategies to eliminate barriers to patient enrollment
- Development of study specific recruitment plans
- Support for Spanish-speaking patients
For more information, email Mark Dewey, Bilingual Clinical Trials Navigator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-243-0425.
In addition to these services, the OCR CTN works closely with the Cancer Center Community Outreach and Engagement Specialist to help promote initiatives to ensure cancer health equity in prevention, early detection, and survivorship with special emphasis on facilitating equitable participation in cancer-related research including clinical trials.