To refer a patient for evaluation, please send a referral by fax to (434) 982-3544.
Our goal is to provide responsive and collaborative care for patients and families working in concert with referring providers. Communication with referring providers and the entire patient care team is essential to this goal. We welcome inquiries regarding the specific services we provide and are available to discuss these or other questions.
Providers are encouraged to contact the Division Administrative Assistant, Pam Bondurant, at 434-243-2012 to reach a member of the clinical team.
Disorders that we commonly manage at the Parkinson’s Diseases and Movement Disorders Clinic include:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Essential tremor and other tremor disorders
- Ataxia and other cerebellar syndromes
- Hemifacial spasm
- Tardive syndromes including dyskinesia and dystonia
- Gait and balance disorders
Services and Investigation Available at our center include:
- Consultation regarding diagnosis and management of Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and other movement disorders
- Interdisciplinary management of complex movement disorders
- Specialized treatments:
- Deep Brain Stimulation and other functional neurosurgical procedures
- EMG guided chemodenervation for dystonia
- Diagnostic services:
- Genetics consultation and testing for Huntington’s disease and other neurologic diseases
- Dopamine transporter imaging via SPECT scanning