Resident Training Opportunities
The Division of Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology is committed to training resident neurologists in the diagnosis and management of multiple sclerosis and related disorders.
We offer the following opportunities for resident neurologists:
- Monthly lectures series with topics including optic neuritis, transverse myelitis, encephalitis, multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica, sarcoidosis, review of disease modifying treatments, Immunosuppressants and symptomatic management
- Participation in weekly resident MS/Neuroimmunology clinic
- Participation in Botox® clinic for spasticity management
- Participation in tele-MS clinics
- Participation in clinical trials
The UVA Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Fellowship Program trains physicians to become clinical experts in the diagnosis and management of CNS autoimmune disorders including multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, optic neuritis, neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder, neurosarcoidosis, paraneoplastic syndromes, etc. We were recently awarded the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Institutional Clinical Training Award, which provides funding for training post-doctoral fellows in the care of patients with multiple sclerosis and related disorders.
To learn more about our fellowship program, please contact our fellowship coordinator, Brenda Roberts, at 434-982-3936 or BCR4S@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu