The Division of Neonatology (Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine) provides comprehensive care for premature and high-risk babies. The 51-bed Level IV NICU at UVA Children’s Hospital is the region’s most advanced neonatal intensive care unit and serves as a quaternary referral center for northwestern, southern, and central Virginia.
Our Mission is to improve measurable outcomes for sick and at-risk neonates through the integration of state-of-the-art medical and informational technologies, evidence-based therapies, translational research protocols and compassionate care in an environment that is family-centered and developmentally organized.
Additional clinical services provided by the Division include:
- Neonatal transport supervision of the Newborn Emergency Transport System (NETS) throughout the Mid-Atlantic region
- Extracorporeal life support (ECMO) performed in the NICU
- Prenatal and antenatal maternal consultations
- Neuro-NICU in collaboration with the Departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Radiology
- NICU Follow-up Clinic in collaboration with the Division of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
- Tele-medicine consultations with referring physicians/special care nurseries.
Robert Sinkin, MD, MPH, Division Chief
Jennifer Burnsed, MD, MSc
Karen Fairchild, MD
David Kaufman, MD
Sarah Miller, DO
Peter Murray, MD, MSM
Alix Paget-Brown, MD
Brynne Sullivan, MD
Jonathan Swanson, MD, MSc
Brooke Vergales, MD
Qin Yao, MD
Santina Zanelli, MD, MS
Department of Pediatrics
P.O. Box 800386
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Your gracious support will help us reach our goal: To understand the roots of childhood diseases so that we can develop more effective, personalized, safer therapies and bring them to children!
You have several options in how to make your contribution:
Your check should be made payable to UVA Children’s Hospital.
For mailed gifts, the address is:
UVA Children’s Hospital
University of Virginia Health Foundation
PO Box 800773
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0773
If you plan to use a credit card for your gift, you can call the University of Virginia Health Foundation at (434)924-8432 and let them know you would like to designate a gift.
You may click on the button to the right, which will take you to an online form that you can fill out and submit directly to the University of Virginia Health Foundation.