Pediatric Gastroenterology Research
Current Research Projects are examining:
- Global Health
- Nutrition and Microbe interactions
- Intestinal stem cells
- Epidemiology, pathophysiology and treatment of environmental enteropathy
- Pathophysiology and treatment of eosinophilic esophagitis and allergic gastroenteropathies
- Epidemiology and etiology of inflammatory bowel diseases in children
- Use of the internet in the management of childhood constipation and encopresis
The Moore Lab is directed by Dr. Sean Moore, a physician-scientist with a background in pediatrics, gastroenterology, global health, and intestinal biology. He joined the Department of Pediatrics at UVa in 2016 as Director of Research for the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Nutrition.
Sana Syed is a Global Health Scientist with a background in pediatrics, gastroenterology & nutrition and global health/epidemiology. She is on faculty at the University of Virginia in the Center for Global Health with an adjunct faculty appointment at the Aga Khan University, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Karachi, Pakistan with the overarching goal to study small intestinal structure and function in children who experience growth and vaccine failure in low- and middle-income countries around the world.