Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinology Fellowship Program
Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville
David Repaske, MD, PhD, Fellowship Program Director
Kelly Mason, MD, Associate Fellowship Program Director
Welcome to UVA! The Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship program is a three-year program with 12 clinical months and 24 research months. We currently have approval for three fellows and institutional funding for two. The program has been described as moderate volume but high complexity. Our fellows are not overwhelmed with work and have ample opportunity for intellectual input into their patient’s conditions. UVA Pediatrics has an unequivocal emphasis on teaching and learning. Our recent fellows have all passed the boards on their first try, and the pediatric residency program has had a 100% first-time pass rate for the past 3 years.
- Click Here to find out more about our Program Overview
- Click Here to find out more about our Conferences & Research
- Must currently be in an accredited pediatric program and in good standing, or have completed 3 years or more of general pediatric residency training
- A Virginia license to practice medicine is not required as UVA grants fellows an institutional training permit
- Applications are accepted only through the NRMP/ERAS Match Program. Requirements for completed application include:
- Completed ERAS application
- Letters of Recommendation from the Director of the applicant’s residency training program and two other faculty members
- Personal Statement
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Following receipt of the completed application and letters of reference, on-site interviews may be arranged. Interviews generally begin in August and continue through September.
- For information on house staff benefits, credentialing requirements, and other important information, please visit the UVA Graduate Medical Education web site.