How to Apply
Applicant Prerequisites and Procedures
- Must currently be in an accredited pediatric program and in good standing, or have completed 3 years or more of general pediatric residency training
- A Virginia license to practice medicine is not required as UVA grants fellows an institutional training permit
- Applications are accepted only through the NRMP/ERAS Match Program. Requirements for completed application include:
- Completed ERAS application
- Letters of Recommendation from the Director of the applicant’s residency training program and two other faculty members
- Personal Statement
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Following receipt of the completed application and letters of reference, on-site interviews may be arranged. Interviews generally begin in August and continue through September.
- For information on house staff benefits, credentialing requirements, and other important information, please visit the UVA Graduate Medical Education web site.