Our division provides genetics services to children and adults including but not limited to:
- Evaluation for possible genetic causes of birth defects, chronic diseases or developmental problems
- Diagnosis of genetic disorders by physical examination and/or genetic testing
- Prenatal testing for chromosomal abnormalities and possible genetic disorders
- Tests to determine the chances for a genetic disorder to recur in a family
- Management and treatment of a genetic disorder
- Support groups for the genetic disorder
Physicians of the division are board-certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics and the American Board of Pediatrics, and our Genetic Counselors are certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
Department of Pediatrics
P.O. Box 800386
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0386
Your gracious support will help us reach our goal: To understand the roots of childhood diseases so that we can develop more effective, personalized, safer therapies and bring them to children!
You have several options in how to make your contribution:
Your check should be made payable to UVA Children’s Hospital.
For mailed gifts, the address is:
UVA Children’s Hospital
University of Virginia Health Foundation
PO Box 800773
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0773
If you plan to use a credit card for your gift, you can call the University of Virginia Health Foundation at (434)924-8432and let them know you would like to designate a gift.
You may click on the button to the right, which will take you to an online form that you can fill out and submit directly to the University of Virginia Health Foundation.