The first year experience is primarily clinical, and includes the following rotations:
- Inpatient hematology and oncology – 5 months
- Outpatient hematology and oncology – 3 months
- Hematology rotation (including transfusion medicine, hematopathology, special coagulation) – 6 weeks
- Bone marrow transplant – 6 weeks
- Radiation Oncology – 2 weeks
- Research Exploration – 2 weeks
The second and third years of training are devoted primarily to research experience, and we offer strong research mentorship and abundant opportunities for basic science, translational, and clinical research projects. Fellows are also required to participate in a clinical and translational certificate program, which includes four 2-week courses in statistics, epidemiology, and two electives in areas such as clinical research trial design, global health, and health policy.