Christopher D. Thom, MD, RDMS
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Assistant Program Director, Emergency Medicine Residency Program
Director, Ultrasound Fellowship
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- Fellowship, Emergency Ultrasound, Thomas Jefferson University (2014)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University (2013)
- MD, School of Medicine, University of Virginia (2010)
- BA with High Distinction, Biology, University of Virginia 2006)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Point of Care Ultrasound
- Ultrasound guided-procedures
- Procedural competency and education
- Christopher Thom MD, RDMS, Jonathan Pozner MD, Matthew Kongkatong MD, James Moak MD, RDMS. Ultrasound-Guided Talonavicular Arthrocentesis. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2020.12.019 [Article in Press]
- Thom C, Ahmed A, Kongkatong M, Moak J. Point-of-care hip ultrasound leads to expedited results in emergency department patients with suspected septic arthritis. J Am Coll Emerg Physicians Open. 2020 Jun 30;1(4):512-520.
- Kongkatong M, Thom C, Moak J. Can Ultrasound Identify Traumatic Knee Arthrotomy in a Cadaveric Model? J Emerg Med. 57(3):362-366, 2019.
- Thom C, Eisentat M, Moak J. Point-of-Care Ultrasound Identifies Urinoma Complicating Simple Renal Colic: A Case Series and Literature Review. J Emerg Med. 55(1):96-100, 2018.
- Kongkatong M, Thom C. Elderly Woman with Decreased Right-Sided Vision. Ann Emerg Med. 71(2):e5-e6, 2018.