Joshua S. Easter, MD, MSc
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Assistant Program Director, Emergency Medicine Residency Program
Director, Advanced Clinical Elective in Emergency Medicine, Visiting Student Elective, and the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Elective
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
11/4/2022: Dr. Easter was appointed by Governor Glenn Youngkin to the State Child Fatality Review Team
- M.Sc, Clinical Sciences, Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, University of Colorado School of Medicine (2013)
- Pediatric Emergency Fellow, Division of Emergency Medicine, Children’s Hospital of Boston (2010)
- Clinical Effectiveness, School of Public Health, Harvard University (2009)
- Residency, Harvard Beth Israel Deaconess Emergency Medicine Residency (2008)
- MD, School of Medicine, Duke University (2005)
- Clinical Research Fellow, Clinical Research Training Program, National Institute of Health (2004)
- BA, Economics and Biology, Williams College (2001)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Clinical Research
- Brain Injury
- Prediction Models
- Decision-Making in the Emergency Department
- Pediatric Trauma
- (Book Chapter) Easter Joshua, King Brent. Pediatric Resuscitation. In: Mattu A and Swadron S, ed. CorePendium. Burbank, CA: CorePendium, LLC. https://www.emrap.org/corependium/chapter/recpZbQQpMIbrCNB9/Pediatric-Resuscitation. Updated January 27, 2022.
- Easter J, Petruzella F. Updates in pediatric emergency medicine for 2021, American Journal of Emergency Medicine (2021), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2022.02.019
- Easter J, Petruzella F. Updates in pediatric emergency medicine for 2021, American Journal of Emergency Medicine, in press.
- Petruzella F, Easter J. Pediatric emergency medicine literature 2020, American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2021 May; 43; 123-133.
- King B, Easter J. (2020). Pediatric resuscitation. In Mattu A. et al. (Ed.), Corependium.
- Agarwal K, Easter J. (2020) Training background of emergency physicians working in academic Emergency Departments in the United States. American College of Emergency Physicians; Dallas, TX.