Joshua S. Easter, MD, MSc
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- M.Sc, Clinical Sciences, Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO (2013)
- Pediatric Emergency Fellow, Division of Emergency Medicine, Children’s Hospital of Boston, Boston, MA (2010)
- Clinical Effectiveness, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (2009)
- Residency, Harvard Beth Israel Deaconess Emergency Medicine Residency, Boston, MA (2008)
- MD, School of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC (2005)
- Clinical Research Fellow, Clinical Research Training Program, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD (2004)
- BA, Economics and Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, MA (2001)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Clinical Research
- Brain Injury
- Prediction Models
- Decision-Making in the Emergency Department
- Pediatric Trauma
Most Recent Publications
- Petruzella F, Easter J. Pediatric emergency medicine literature 2020, American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2021 May; 43; 123-133.
- Agarwal K, Easter J. (2020) Training background of emergency physicians working in academic Emergency Departments in the United States. American College of Emergency Physicians; Dallas, TX.
- Easter J. (in press). Pediatric resuscitations. In Walls R. et al. (Ed.), Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. Mosby Elsevier, Inc.
- Kehr P, Easter J. (2020) Patients perspectives on safety in the emergency department. Society for Academic Emergency Medicine; Denver, CO.
- Easter J. (in 2020). Pediatric gastrointestinal emergencies and dehydration. In Bakes K. et al. (Ed.), Emergency Medicine Secrets. Hanley and Belfus, Inc.
- Easter J. (2020). Pediatric infectious diseases. In Bakes K. et al. (Ed.), Emergency Medicine Secrets. Hanley and Belfus, Inc.
- Easter J (2020). Gastrointestinal emergencies. In Rose E. et al. (Ed.), Pediatric Emergencies: A Practical, Clinical Guide. Oxford University Press.