M. Kathryn Mutter, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Course Director, Internship Readiness Course
Course Director, Transition Course
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Fax: (434) 924-2877
Recipient of the 2019 Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award
- M.P.H, University of Virginia (2013)
- Fellowship, Trauma Research, University of Virginia (2013)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia (2011)
- MD, University of Virginia (2008)
- BA, Economics, University of Virginia (2002)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Public Health and Injury Research
- Medical Education
- Cetrone E, Mutter MK, Shah N, Martindale J. A Paging Training Program for Fourth Year Internship Readiness Course. MedEdPortal. Nov 13, 2020.
- Mutter MK, Martindale JR, Shah, N, et al. Case-Based Teaching: Does the Addition of High Fidelity Simulation Make a Difference in Medical Students’ Clinical Reasoning Skills? Med Sci Educ 30, 307–313(2020)
Books and/or Chapters
- Lee, JA, Mutter MK. The Suicidal Patient. CorePendium online textbook, Emergency Medicine Research and Perspectives (EMRAP). December 2, 2019.
- Mutter MK, Huff J. Altered Mental Status and Coma. In: Tintinalli JE, Stapczynski J, Ma O, Yealy DM, Meckler GD, Cline DM.eds. Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 9e. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2018.
- Mutter MK, Inofuentes A, Martindale J. An Interprofessional Mock Paging Program for Internship Readiness. Transition to Residency Symposium. Virtual, Poster presentation. October 21, 2020.
- Ginsburg J, Ahmed A, Moak J, Sudhir A, Mutter MK. A Teaching Resource File to Improve Resident Teaching in the Emergency Department UVA Academy of Distinguished Educators Medical Education Week, Poster presentation. Charlottesville, VA. March 4, 2020.
- Coyne B, Cleckley E, Mutter MK, Quatrara B, Trowbridge M. Using an Empathic Design Thinking Approach to Understand the Needs for Interprofessional Curricula for Health Care Trainees. UVA Academy of Distinguished Educators Medical Education Week, Poster presentation. Charlottesville, VA. March 4, 2020.
- Ginsburg J, Ahmed A, Moak J, Sudhir A, Mutter MK. A Teaching Resource File to Improve Resident Teaching in the Emergency Department. Mid-Atlantic Regional Society of Academic Emergency Medicine conference. March 4, 2020.