George Lindbeck, MD
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Associate Director, Emergency Medical Services Fellowship
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Virginia
- MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- BA, Chemistry, West Virginia University
Clinical and Research Interests
- EMS education and training from the Board Certified EMS perspective
- Early Application of Life Support measures and the impact on patient care
- Impact of medical transportation decisions at the initial point of care
- Commonwealth of Virginia, State EMS & Trauma Systems Medical Director
- Thomas Jefferson EMS Council
- Shenandoah National Park
- Charlottesville, Albemarle, University of Virginia ECC
- Charlottesville Fire Department
- Western Albemarle Rescue Squad
- Scottsville Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Louisa County Emergency Squad
- Mineral Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Lake Anna Rescue Squad
- Zion Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department
- Trevillians Volunteer Fire Department
- Bumpass Volunteer Fire Department
- Martin-Gill C, Higgins JS, Van Dongen HPA, Buysse DJ, Thackery RW, Kupas DF, Becker DS, Dean BE, Lindbeck GH, Guyette FX, Penner JH, Violanti JM, Lang ES, and Patterson PD: Proposed Performance Measures and Strategies for Implementation of the Fatigue Risk Management Guidelines for Emergency Medical Services. Prehospital Emergency Care 22:102-109, 2018.
- Patterson PD, Higgins JS, Van Dongen HPA, Buysse DJ, Thackery RW, Kupas DF, Becker DS, Dean BE, Lindbeck GH, Guyette FX, Penner JH, Violanti JM, Lang ES, Martin-Gill C: Evidence-Based Guidelines for Fatigue Risk Management in Emergency Medical Services. Prehospital Emergency Care 22: 89-101, 2018.
- Kanich W, Brady WJ, Huff JS, Perron AD, Holstege C, Lindbeck G, Carter CT: Altered mental status: evaluation and etiology in the ED. Am J Emerg Med 20(7):613-7, 2002.
- Brady WJ, Luber S, Carter CT, Guertler A and Lindbeck G: Multiphasic anaphylaxis: an uncommon event in the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med 4(3):193-197, 1997.
- Pinson AG, Philbrick JT, Lindbeck GH, and Schorling JB: Fever in the clinical diagnosis of acute pyelonephritis. Am J Emerg Med 15(2):148-151, 1997.