Margaret K. Sande, MD, MS, MSHPEd
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
- MS, Health Professions Education, MGH Institute of Health Professions (2015)
- Fellow, Medical Simulation, Massachusetts General Hospital (2013)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Denver Health (2012)
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine (2008)
- MS, Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia (2004)
- BS, Engineering Science, University of Virginia (2003)
- Biomedical design and engineering
- Developing medical simulation programs to impact quality, patient safety, and test processes or devices/products
- Hayden, E., Wong, A., Ackerman, J., Sande, M.K., Lei, C., Cassara, M., Cooper, D., Perry, K., Lewandowski, W., and Scerbo, M. Human Factors and Simulation in Emergency Medicine. Acad Emerg Med 2018 Feb; 25(2):221-229.
- Smalley, C.M., Sande, M.K., Wilson, J.E., and Lewis, R. An Education Innovation to Improve Point-of-Care Ultrasound Skills in Senior Emergency Medicine Residents: A Mandatory Advanced Rotation. J Medic Educ Training 2017; 1:001.
- Poon, S.J., Nelson, L.S., Hoppe, J.A., Perrone, J., Sande, M.K., Yealy, D.M., Beeson, M.S., Todd, K.H., Motov, S.M. and Weiner, S.G. Consensus-Based Recommendations for an Emergency Medicine Pain Management Curriculum. J Emerg Med 51(2):147-154, 2016.
- Stevens A., Hernandez C., Jones S., Moreira M., Blumen J., Hopkins E., Sande M.K., Bakes K., Haukoos J. Color-coded Prefilled Medication Syringes Decrease Time to Delivery and Dosing Errors in Simulated Prehospital Pediatric Resuscitations: A Randomized Crossover Trial. Resuscitation 96:85-91, 2015.