Mark R. Sochor, MD, MS, FACEP
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Vice Chair for Research, Department of Emergency Medicine
Medical Director, UVA Center for Applied Biomechanics
P. O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, Virginia 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- B.S., Michigan State University; East Lansing, Michigan (1990)
- M.S., Wayne State University; Detroit, Michigan (1993)
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine; Detroit, Michigan (1999)
- Resident Emergency Medicine, Detroit Receiving Hospital and University Health Center (2002)
- Injury Research Fellow, University of Michigan CIREN Center (2004)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Resident Education
- Elderly Trauma and Falls
- Abdominal Computed Tomography
- Forensic Evidence Gathering
Most Recent Publications
- Michael Bero MD, Mark Sochor MD, Schuyler Wong BA, EMT-P. William Brady MD. “Changing the management of refractory ventricular fibrillation: The consideration of earlier utilization of dual sequential defibrillation.” https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2019.05.048. Available online 29 May 2019, In Press, Accepted Manuscript.
- Casale GG, Fishero BA, Park SS, Sochor M, Heltzel SB, Christophel JJ. “Classifying and Standardizing Panfacial Trauma with a New Bony Facial Trauma Score.” JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2016 Sep 29. doi:10.1001/jamafacial.2016.1105.
- Shaw G, Lessley D, Ash J, Poplin J, McMurry T, Sochor M, Crandall J; “Small female rib cage fracture in frontal sled test”; Traffic Inj Prev. 2017 Jan 2; 18(1):77-82. [Epub 2016 Jun 3].
- Locoh-Donou S, Guofen Yan G, Berry T, O’Connor RE, Sochor M, Brady WJ: “Mass Gathering Medicine: Event Factors Predicting Patient Presentation Rates.” Intern Emerg Med (2016) Aug;11:745-752.[Epub 2016 Jan12].
- Sochor M, Pandit A, Brady W: Serious Generalized Skin Disorders. in Tintinalli JE, Stapczynski J, Ma O et al (eds): Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 8th ed. New York, NY, McGraw-Hill, Inc., 2015.
- Hunold KM, Sochor MR, McLean SA, Mosteller KB, Fernandez AR, Platts-Mills TF. “Ambulance transport rates after motor vehicle collision for older vs. younger adults: a population-based study.” See comment in PubMed Commons below Accid Anal Prev. 2014 Dec;73:373-9