Amita Sudhir, MD
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Residency Program Director, Department of Emergency Medicine
Recipient of the 2018 Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award.
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
Residency Coordinator, Aileen Watchko: (434) 982-1800
- Fellowship, Medical Education, Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia (2008)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia (2007)
- M.D. University of Virginia School of Medicine (2004)
- Swarthmore College (1998)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Procedural competency
- Technology in education, “flipping the classroom”
- Emergency care in low resource settings
- Global health
- Climate change and emergency medicine education
- Moretti K, Rublee C, Robison L, Aluisio A, Marin BG, McMurry T, Sudhir A. Attitudes of US emergency medicine program directors towards the integration of climate change and sustainability in emergency medicine residency curricula. The J Clim Change and Health, Volume 9, 2023,100199, ISSN 2667-2782, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joclim.2022.100199.
- Zeke A, Sudhir A. Management of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis in the emergency department. Emerg Med Pract. 2022 Jul;24(7):1-24. Epub 2022 Jul 1. PMID: 35737570.
- Long B, Yoo MJ, Brady WJ, Holian A, Sudhir A, Gottlieb M. Chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy: An emergency medicine focused review. Am J Emerg Med. 2021 Aug 24;50:369-375. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.08.042. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34461398.
- Yoo MJ, Long B, Brady WJ, Holian A, Sudhir A, Gottlieb M. Immune checkpoint inhibitors: An emergency medicine focused review. Am J Emerg Med. 2021 Aug 19;50:335-344. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.08.038. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34450397.
- Sudhir A, Mor N. A primary care alternative to a hospital-based approach to COVID-19 in India. J Glob Health. 2020;10:020346.